Vision Lynn Status Update - December 2022
As 2022 comes to an end, we wanted to share a status update about the Vision Lynn Planning Process.
What We've Accomplished So Far
- We completed Lynn Today, our extensive existing conditions analysis about Lynn.
- We have connected with over a thousand Lynn residents, business owners, and other community members to gather input on our vision statements and to better understand what we want from real estate development in Lynn--and what we don't want. Our key vision statements are:
- Lynn will be a city where people feel safe and comfortable to live, work, learn, and play.
- Lynn will be a city where all community members have the housing, transportation access, social connections, and educational or economic opportunities to live a fulfilling life.
- Lynn will be a city to be proud of, with strong, diverse, and connected communities that take care of our shared spaces, natural resources, and each other.
What We're Working On Now
- The project team is putting together some possible futures for two areas in the city: Market Square and the Gearworks site. These scenarios will help us explore what we think good development could look like in two very different contexts.
- City staff are meeting with major employers in the City to hear more about their needs and visions for the future of Lynn.
- We are seeking feedback on the strategies that will be included in our plan, which will help guide the work of City departments, elected officials, and community advocates.
- We are planning for our next public meeting in early February.
- Take the survey on our strategies - We've translated our vision into strategies that we believe can move the city forward. Let us know if we got it right.
- Attend the next public meeting - We will have an open house style event on Saturday, February 4 2023 from 10:30-12:30pm at the Lynn Senior Center at 37 Friend Street Lynn, MA 01902.
- Join our email list - As we move towards adoption in the spring of 2023, make sure you are on our email list to be informed about more opportunities to weigh in on the plan.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
Thank you for your contribution!
Help us reach out to more people in the community
Share this with family and friends